Exciting Engineering Opportunity!
Senior Controls Engineer – Medical Device
Come join this well-established Fortune 500 Company as they continue to lead the Medical Device industry in technology, manufacturing, Engineering and Design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engineering key role for Plastic Pour Bottle Solution operations.
- Primary focus is on implementing continuous improvement, new business, and capacity expansion projects.
- Additional focus will also be on manufacturing equipment reliability and process support work within the Plastic Pour Bottle operations.
- Cross-functional project management will be involved in this role as well.
- Investigate new sources for raw materials or processes.
- Design/modify precision assembly and/or manufacturing equipment.
- Prepare estimates for various tasks and projects.
- Manage capital projects both directly and through coordinating engineers.
- Drive continuous improvements activities.
- Interface with plant and corporate groups as well as contractors and vendors.
- Manage start-up, debug, and commission of new manufacturing processes.
- Equipment life cycle management including: upgrades, replacement, and decommissioning.
- Product life cycle management including: product design changes, materials changes, Supplier Notice of Change (SNC) assessments, specification changes, etc.
- Support and achieve Value Improvement Projects (VIPs).
- Responsible for adhering to FDA Design Control standards at all times.
- Responsible for adhering to and maintaining all department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Computer degrees are preferred) and 3-5 years engineering manufacturing experience in related industry (FDA) preferred.
- Programming/troubleshooting experience with automation controls, automated assembly, control systems, PLCs, HMIs, servo's and vision inspection systems is preferred.
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification or industry standard equivalent is preferred.
- Plastics experience such as: plastic bottle blow molding, plastic component injection molding, liquid silicone molding, or film/tubing extrusion is a plus.
- Project management training, skills, and experience highly
- Lean Manufacturing skills and experience are a plus.
- Demonstrate application of engineering principles on project work.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of employees and functions such as quality, validation, manufacturing, purchasing, maintenance, etc.
- Must be able to meet all cleanroom Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) for areas of manufacturing where work needs to be done.