CAREER OPPORTUNITY! – HIRING NOW!
Packaging Engineer - Medical Device - Illinois
Come grow and be a part of this well-established Fortune 500 Medical Device Manufacturing Company in this exciting role
This position is a Packaging Engineer position within the Engineering group. Support new product development teams by acting as an extended team member to provide the design, development and verification testing of new product packaging and assist the manufacturing plants in qualification of new packaging processes. The position will require travel to the manufacturing plants and packaging suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and/or contribute to the planning and execution of packaging projects for a variety of project types including Quality/CAPA, Regulatory Compliance, Supplier Notices of Change, Cost Savings, and New Product Introductions at various domestic and international manufacturing facilities.
- Develop protocols for testing and engage in Change Control activities interfacing with multiple functional groups, including manufacturing plants and suppliers in a team environment to execute packaging changes.
- Approve new packaging materials and systems, studying and recommending techniques to improve and/or cost reduce existing products/processes, investigating new sources for packaging materials.
- B. S. in Packaging or relevant Engineering degree (e.g. Mechanical, Chemical, Biomedical) with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in the field of packaging, 3 of which are required to be in the medical industry.
- Must have experience or advanced training and demonstrate proficiency in packaging materials and processes, problem analysis and resolution, statistical methods, and design of experiments
Interviewing Now! This is a direct hire opportunity with very attractive Benefits and compensation.