Medical Device Manufacturing - Alabama
World Class Medical Device manufacturing company in Alabama is now hiring
Injection Molding Process Technicians & Leads
The primary responsibilities of this position include performing manufacturing procedures and associated documentation of injection molding of plastic parts and assembly of these parts in accordance with written procedures. Performs as a multi-skilled team member, serves specialized areas, and plays a significant role in process improvement and facilitation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs set-ups on complex automated injection molding machines and assembly robots, identifies potential bottlenecks in the flow process and takes action to prevent re-occurrence.
- Controls and understands all functions of automated equipment within area of responsibility including but not limited to start up and shut down of machines to ensure continuous operation and constant output of products
- Ensures cycle times and performs quality checks for manufactured parts, identifies defective materials and alerts Production Unit Lead of unusual trends for corrective action.
- Follows guidance of designated or assigned PU Lead, Production Team Lead and Shift Supervisor to ensure continuous and uninterrupted production flow.
- Trouble shoots, identifies and repair problems related to machine output and quality defects as they occur, at level of competency and escalating issues per established procedure.
- Prepares proper documentation to support production tracking and performance of equipment.
- Works with Shift Supervisors and Production Team Leaders in establishing work instructions and training materials and to achieve production safety/hygiene goals.
- Works as a service oriented, independent worker. Able to effectively communicate with other machine leaders during shift transition
- Responsible for knowing and following safety and compliance procedures by maintaining orderliness within department and maintaining proper hygiene at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing operating procedures in the field of injection molding and part assembly.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and crawling.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts to include day and night time hours
Interviewing now! These are direct hire opportunities with attractive compensation and benefits! Relocation assistance included.
Please send your updated resume to Kelliott@sncompanies.com or call Kevin Elliott at (817) 857-7713.