Siter-Neubauer & Associates, an MRINetwork affiliate is currently conducting multiple searches for a LPN – Outpatient Clinic:
Siter-Neubauer & Associates, founded in 1999, in conjunction with our government & commercial customers, provides compassionate Healthcare Services to military members & the families thereof & also to the general public.
Assists in routine care and treatment of patients, to include flying and special operational duty personnel, when required. Organizes the medical environment, performs and participates in support activities for outpatient care situations, including contingency operations and disasters.
EDUCATION: Must have successfully completed all education and training requirements leading to and graduated from an accredited national, state or military equivalent school for Practical Nursing.
LICENSE: Must have and maintain throughout course of contract, a current, active, valid, unrestricted license (with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions) to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) from a US jurisdiction.
KNOWLEDGE: As appropriate within established procedures, protocols and scope of practice, must have understanding of and ability to correctly utilize and/or apply; medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, psychology, pharmacology, medical ethics and legal concepts, clinical procedures, patient care; emergency medical treatment to include cardiopulmonary resuscitation, aseptic technique, specimen collection, diagnostic testing, prepare and administer oral and parenteral (excluding IV) medications, vaccination procedures, mechanisms of anaphylaxis and shock and their treatment; prescription drugs and their administration; operating and maintaining therapeutic equipment, risk management, medical contingency operations, computer operations in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
EXPERIENCE: Experience performing care and treatment of patients; operating and maintaining therapeutic equipment; properly administering oral and parenteral medications; conducting paraprofessional portions of physical examinations; or assisting in medical treatment of patients in accordance with established procedures and protocols, within the LPN scope of practice.
- Shall have practiced as an LPN performing hands-on patient care in the outpatient clinical setting for at least 12 months within the past 24 months.
Type of work: The duties will be performed in accordance with established procedures and protocols, within the scope of practice. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as a Practical Nurse performing patient care and nursing administrative duties for outpatients in accordance with established policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Monitors and records age appropriate physiological measurements.
- Orients new patients to the clinic/hospital environment.
- Assists with patient check-ins, admissions, discharges, and transfers as directed.
- Provides individualized patient teaching on appropriate topics to include preventative healthcare and health maintenance.
- Prepares and positions patients for diagnostic testing, examinations, treatments, and clinical procedures.
- Performs appropriate portions of medical examinations, treatment, diagnostic, and clinical procedures.
- Records treatment, procedure rendered, and observed effects.
- Identifies and records patient problems and appropriately notifies provider/nursing Team of observations.
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with scope of practice and training.
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies and performs basic life support measures.
- Performs appropriate portions of physical examinations including age appropriate physical measurements.
- Adheres to infection control procedures including use of personal protective equipment, disposal of waste, and aseptic technique.
- Performs central sterile supply duties.
- Ensures all equipment is properly assembled, operates, cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensures preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
- Performs medical records reviews and applies appropriate protocols and guidelines to determine medical needs.
- Maintains patient medical records in electronic format as well as hard copy as required.
- Prepares and submits administrative reports.
- Participates in training and continuing education programs for new procedures, techniques, and equipment.
- Ensures a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate, professional, interpersonal relationships with co-workers, families, peers, and other team members.
If you are interested and available for employment, please send your resume, availability, and most competitive hourly requirement to Thavi Louanlavong @ TLouanlavong@sncompanies.com