Siter-Neubauer & Associates, an MRINetwork affiliate is currently conducting multiple searches for an Internal Medicine Physician-Board Certified:
Siter-Neubauer & Associates, founded in 1999, in conjunction with our government & commercial customers, provides compassionate Healthcare Services to military members & the families thereof & also to the general public.
- Completion of a residency or fellowship in internal medicine acceptable to the Surgeon General, HQ USAF, is mandatory.
- Current board certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine.
- Have been employed in the practice of Internal Medicine or in training for 24 of the last 36 months.
TYPE OF WORK. The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate patient access to medical care by recommending appropriate referrals to other health care providers in accordance with MTF policies and regulations.
- Provide outpatient services for patients as scheduled by the Government.
- Care shall include but not be limited to routine general internal medicine care to include care for acute and chronic patient conditions.
- Will become the primary care manager for a panel of patients.
- Duties include managing patient care to include approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals, answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff, refilling prescriptions, providing primary and secondary preventative maintenance care.
- The internal medicine physician shall provide immediate evaluation and management of emergency problems as they occur.
- Have sufficient experience to be able to adequately diagnose and treat diseases and injuries to include, but not limited to the following:
- Cardiovascular diseases - congestive heart failure, hyper-tension, arrhythmias, acute myocardial infarction Respiratory diseases - asthma, bronchitis, pulmonary thromboembolism, and pulmonary insufficiency and adult respiratory distress syndrome.
- Gastrointestinal diseases - peptic ulcer disease, gastritis, pancreatitis, cirrhosis and alcoholic liver Endocrinology - diseases of the thyroid, diabetes mellitus Rheumatology - sarcoidosis, degenerative joint disease Renal - acute renal failure, urinary tract infection.
- Infectious diseases - infectious diarrhea, bacterial infections, hospital-acquired infections, infections of the compromised host, tuberculosis, and other micro bacterial infections Neurology - epilepsy, cerebrovascular disease.
Have sufficient experience to be able to adequately perform the following medical procedures, to include, but not limited to the following:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) interpretation
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Graded exercise treadmill testing
- Central line placement
- Arterial line placement
- Intubation and airway management
- Hemodynamic invasive monitoring
- Lumbar puncture
- Prepare all records and reports as may be required in support of services rendered and as required by the MTF.
- Take part in clinic Quality Assurance Program as required to meet the standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Participates in educational activities involving the Internal Medicine residents, when required. These activities may include giving lectures to the residents, supervising residents in clinic, and mentoring residents.
INTERNAL MEDICINE POSITION DESCRIPTION
In addition to the education, qualification and experience requirements listed in the basic contract and the position description for Internal Medicine Physician. These requirements are outlined below:
- This position requires both inpatient and outpatient clinical skills. This position requires that the provider be able to provide basic ICU level care with an intensivist as backup.
- This position requires overnight call approximately every 6th night and approximately 1 weekend per month of call. On-call doctors cover inpatients.
If you are interested and available for employment, please send your resume, availability, and most competitive hourly requirement to Thavi Louanlavong @ TLouanlavong@sncompanies.com