Siter-Neubauer & Associates, an MRINetwork affiliate is currently conducting multiple searches for a Clinical Nurse/Emergency Room:
Siter-Neubauer & Associates, founded in 1999, in conjunction with our government & commercial customers, provides compassionate Healthcare Services to military members & the families thereof & also to the general public.
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) by the American Heart Association. In addition to BCLS, certification in Advanced Cardiac
- Life Support (ACLS) is required for the Critical Care Unit and Emergency Room.
- Certification in Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) is required of RNs working in the Newborn Nursery and Labor and Delivery. Certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is required of RNs working in Emergency Room, Critical Care Unit, and the Pediatric Ward.
- Certified through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Emergency Nurses Association (ENA), Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC), Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) or Course in Advance Trauma Nursing – Injury and Illness (CATN-II).
- Minimum of two years’ experience with at least one year in an emergency room.
- One year of experience must have occurred within the last three years.
TYPE OF WORK. The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides emergency nursing care for emergent (Level 1), urgent (Level 2), non-urgent (Level 3, 4, 5) patients coming to the Emergency Department.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for all patients including newborns, children, adolescents, adults and the elderly; disabled to include visually and hearing impaired; and individuals of varying ethnic and religious background to include those who do not speak or understand English.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required.
- Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Assumes full responsibility for assigned patients and ancillary personnel. Delegates tasks, directs emergency room technicians, specialty technicians, and provides counseling, guidance, and patient education.
- Recognizes medical emergencies and responds appropriately. Initiates CPR if required. Assists medical team in administering advanced cardiac life support measures when necessary.
- Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice FA8053-12-D-0027 S417 and skill level utilizing the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
- Assesses patients.
- Establishes and maintains good interpersonal relationships with co-workers, families, peers, and other health team members.
- Will be oriented/trained on the use of all equipment available for patient care. Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.
- Excellent oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements.
- Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
- Contributes to professional environment using appropriate leadership skills.
- May be required to work various shifts or augment clinical nursing support during the absence of other team nurses due to illness, leave or deployment,
- Encourages team building and enhances work knowledge by cross training/augmenting other units as appropriate.
- May serve as the charge nurse of the day for clinical oversight only, as appropriate.
- Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed.
- Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision-making and process improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
- Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
- Be productive and perform with minimal supervisory direction.
- Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift.
- Ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
If you are interested and available for employment, please send your resume, availability, and most competitive hourly requirement to Thavi Louanlavong @ TLouanlavong@sncompanies.com